Together, FAIRsFAIR, EOSC Synergy and Ireland’s National Open Research Forum (NORF) will deliver a three day instructor training workshop to support the development of data stewardship skills among staff in higher education institutions and other research performing organisations in Ireland. A key aim of this workshop is to empower a network of peers where best practices are exchanged and where those with more experience can share their knowledge with those just getting started.
This workshop aims to introduce participants to the key concepts and drivers for Open Science, Research Data Management (RDM) and FAIR data, to consider the existing local support service they can leverage and to identify areas where collaboration with peer institutions on support provision will be beneficial.
Participation in this workshop is by invitation only, with the aim of bringing together a network of peers from a broad range of institutions across Ireland.
At the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Be able to explain some of the political drivers for RDM, FAIR and Open Data
- Be able to explain the difference between FAIR and Open Data to researchers
- Be able to develop training courses to be run at their own institution using open learning resources
- Understand the range of skills and knowledge associated with data stewardship
- Collectively identify areas where collaboration on service provision is most beneficial
- Have established a network of peers providing RDM support in Ireland