Introduce Yourself

Hi everyone and welcome to the FAIRdata forum. If you wish to, you can use this section to introduce yourself or simply say hi.

If your new to the FAIRdata forum, you may want to check out our How to get started post, which has some guidance and advice to help you get the most out of the forum.

I’ll go first.
Hello all and welcome to the FAIRdata forum. I’m Katie and I’m one of the site admins & moderators. I hope you find the forum useful. If you have any questions about FAIR or the forum itself, please do let us know.

Hello!
I am very pleased to welcome you to this space, to discuss about FAIR matters :slightly_smiling_face: I’m Gabin, one of the site admins. Any question or comment?

Hi I’m Hugh Shanahan. I am based at the department of Computer Science at Royal Holloway, University of London. I am involved in running training events for Data Steward Instructors and Early Career Researchers in matters related to FAIR principles.

Hello everyone, I’m Linas and I’m a policy officer at DANS, the Dutch national centre of expertise and repository for research data. In FAIRsFAIR I help develop training courses and materials to bring FAIR in practice. Looking forward to collaboration and sharing ideas on this Forum!

Hi there. I’m Joy and I work with the Digital Curation Centre (DCC) in the UK where we provide guidance, tools and training on research data management and data management planning. In FAIRsFAIR, I lead a workpackage exploring policy and practice in relation to FAIR and I also contribute to the delivery of the data steward training activities.

Hi everyone! I’m Ryan O’Connor and I am based at the Digital Curation Centre (DCC) at the University of Edinburgh. At the DCC we are involved with all things related to research data management - skills, training, guidance, policy development, data management planning - for organisations worldwide. As part of FAIRsFAIR I contribute to tasks on policy analysis, the FAIRsFAIR’s Competence Centre (part of which is the FAIR Data Forum) and project communications.

Hi, I am Rita Silva, a resident doctor of Clinical Hematology at the Portuguese Institute of Oncology of Porto (Portugal). I participate in research projects with health data. For conducting “the most responsible research”, I feel the need to improve my FAIR DM skills and to raise awareness for the FAIR principles and DM services, particularly within my institution.

Hello everyone! I’m Mauro Paschetta from Torino, Italy.
I work as project manager for some European project at the Department of Oncology of the University of Torino. I’m helping researchers in managing their projects, including the responsible management of their data. There are no data steward in my institution and I’d really like to become one of the first data steward of my University to foster Open Science and FAIR principles.

1 Like